Friday, September 6, 2013

August 28th



 Another day began in New Star Motel in Jeju-Si. Woke up and watched some tv, then gathered some stuff for the day and visited "Tous Les Jours", a bakery which is probably a chain, and it was delicious. Used the wifi on my tablet for about an hour, then went to the bus terminal, finally got a map of the island, and got on a bus that circled around the east side of the island. Was going to get off at Seongsan, which has the beautiful mini island-mountain-thing, but I missed the stop. Got off too late. Waited for an inviting stop afterwards, which was about 40 minutes later. Got off at Namwon harbor because it had some shops, was close to the ocean, and looked pretty. It was a nice place to sit around. Unfortunately I dropped my iPod in the ocean as I was sitting on a weirdly shaped formation. So, that's gone. There goes one of my horcruxes (Harry Potter)! I hope the ocean enjoys comedy podcasts and indie rock. I still kind of can't believe it. Makes me sad, especially since I'm normally so careful. After that I still enjoyed the view, but it was a little tainted. Fortunately I was able to get a bus ride back that was a little shorter than the way in. Cut through the island rather than going around it. So, glad that worked out. Thanks, old Korean lady for your minimal help. I appreciated it. Chilled out in the motel room. Met up with Danny, Natalie, and Ashley. They came in to the city from their living arrangements. We ate dinner at a place that looked nice. Didn't know what to order so we picked randomly, using the price as sort of an indicator. The young waiter showed us some pictures on his phone to help us but we just went with it. We ended up with a plate full of spicy chicken feet, a bowl of slimy egg custard, and a fajita-style metal plate of melted cheese with potato in it. I still feel the burn of the chicken feet. They were hard to eat. The flavor on the outside was good, but it was just a load of cartilage more or less. The egg thing was slimy and strange, although it just tasted like egg. The cheese thing was simply delicious melted cheese, which I enjoyed. Afterwards, we walked down to a little sandwich stand type place so Danny could eat, considering he refused to eat the chicken feet. Walked around for a bit and then they headed back so they could catch their bus. Now winding down, apparently going to one of my 2 schools tomorrow to see what it's like! A little nervous about that. 

 Namwon Harbor

 Dropped my iPod in the water here, no retrieval possible

Illustrated tanks of something 

 At Namwon Harbor

Chicken feet for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment