Saturday, September 14, 2013

August 29th - Posted Late

August 29



 Woke up early to get picked up by Songdang teacher "Ann". She got me and we also picked up the girl I'm replace, Kelli-Ann. I am replacing Kelli in her apartment, and in both of her schools. She told me all about the teaching job, and it was a lot to take in, but it seems okay. Songdang is the small school, where the class sizes are about 5-9 students. They seemed intrigued by me, and many of them would smile and wave at me every time I saw them. It was sweet, and I look forward to being around them. I'll have to teach on my own, though, so I'm a little bit nervous. I just want to be good at it! Especially the preparation part of it. I want to make an entertaining class for the kids so that they want to learn, but I also don't want to slave and labor over it so much that I can't enjoy my free time. I'll find the balance eventually, I guess. Today I just sat and watched while Kelli taught her classes, which was only 2 classes because one never showed up and they didn't have after-school classes this week. Next week I will have to lead regular classes AND create 2 after-school lessons! Yikes. After hours of just waiting around in the classroom until Ann was ready to leave at 5:00, I was pretty bored and constantly thinking of the stress this might become. But, at about 4:40 or so, Ann brought in 4 cooked plain potatoes and sat and talked to me and Kelli. I ate a potato on a small fork with Ann, which made me smile and laugh on the inside. It was actually pretty delicious despite being a plain potato. I was hungry, I suppose. Kelli didn't eat one, and so there are 2 potatoes waiting on the teacher desk for us in the morning. Didn't know what to do with them. Ann gave us a ride home, like she'll be doing every Thursday and Friday for me this year. Nice that I don't have to worry about that commute! She seems very sweet. Some communication issues but she's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment