Monday, September 16, 2013

August 30 - Posted Late



 Yesterday was Friday, went to Songdang and watched Kelli on her last day there. Contributed some to the 1st and 2nd grade classes, but mostly just watched. Ann (teacher, my sort-of liaison to Songdang) invited me to eat dinner tomorrow night, along with Kelli and one other girl I haven't met. Last night I went to dinner (bak galbi -- like Korean stir fry, cooked at the table in front of you) with Oscar and Kate. Then, drinking. Met a lot of foreigners that have been here a little while. Went to Wa Bar, which was kind of like a Korean Applebee's. Then went to Island Stone which is another foreigner bar. Talked to a few Korean guys there, one who tried to teach me Korean. Another one of them does scuba diving here, at least temporarily. I gave him my phone number to see if he'll take me out whenever he goes. Although, I'll probably have a different phone number later, even if he does call me. It got to be around 4 in the morning before I left and walked back to the motel. Late late night. Slept in today until about 1 pm, then headed out to Samyang black sand beach to meet up with a bunch of people. Kind of a long wait and bus but well worth it. Beautiful day, nice to hang out on the beach! Didn't get to swim because apparently the lifeguards prohibited it. Hit a ball around, kicked a ball around, drank a beer and hung out. Good times! Danny came back to my motel to shower, I also showered, then we met up with the same group at an Indian restaurant in the city. Delicious. Then I went to a restaurant place that I forget, it had "beer" in the title. Went with Oscar and Duncan, who I met today. Nice British dude. Drank some beer and watched baseball until soccer came on, which is why we went there in the first place. Oscar and Duncan have been here a while and have some other foreigner friends who came and joined us. Sat around and talked, then now I'm back at the motel now. Last night was too late so I need to hit the hay asap. Don't know about tomorrow other than the dinner in the evening. Hopefully I can get some internet in the morning. Good day despite being so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment