Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 26 - Posted Late

I have several days of stuff that I've skipped over. This whole blogging thing hasn't been a priority for me, which might be for the best. Here's something from 9/26.


This has been a bit of a long week, but I guess they all have. Chuseok was last week, so I had a full 5 days away from school. Coming back was definitely filled with that familiar sense of dread, but it has been just fine. The dread is worse than the actuality, and that is frustrating. Tuesday at Jocheon was a field trip to the science museum and Halla arboretum, so that was a fun day. No classes or responsibilities on my part, just a free trip to hang out with a bunch of kids. I'm letting Jocheon's special classes freak me out more than I need to, especially since I'm already teaching solo at Songdang anyways. Songdang today came and went, but it was a little like pulling teeth. The kids often look bored and want to just talk to each other rather than pay attention. But, I make it through regardless. Tomorrow is a full Friday, the busiest and worse day of the week. But, the low of the daytime is replaced by the high of being done the second it happens. 

I think I'm learning better how to deal with teaching. Learning to let go a little bit, and not worry too much if the kids like me or are always having a blast. They don't realize that I'm probably having less fun than they are. But, I still want to be fun and effective, so I am learning to not care too much, but also do a good job. Hard to lesson plan, hard to do a good job. But, the more I do it, the less anything will surprise me, and that's a good thing. It's still daunting to think about doing this all year, but I am trying to take it day by day. 


Today is a beautiful cool day. Autumn is either here or right around the corner. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment